vendredi 30 novembre 2007

Last phone calls

Cape Town.
The clear sky make it as beautiful as I remember. Yesterday's sea wind are now calm and Table Mountain, looking down to Jan van Riebeek's city, is now relieved of all the clouds that surrounded it the day before, gliding along the rocks as they followed the depression.
Beautiful.
Table MountainI enjoy what was called in the XVIIth century the "way-station for ship" where boats traveling to India were to rest some days before continuing their journey. The Cape of Good Hope is crowned by the sun this morning. I got into a cyber to send the last pictures and phone calls. The ship is tanking and we have a few hours left before departure, scheduled around 2 pm. We are one hour in advance to Brussels' time.
I phoned Fabian at work this morning and I could hear RTBF's reportage, though I'd have rather preferred to watch it. That was somehow weird to hear that so far away by phone.

The night on the ship went very well and I slept deep like a baby-born. Yesterday night we were all out in a restaurant for a last good meal. I have to say we'll eat Russian food aboard, so this morning is also intended for my last shopping, to make eating life more bearable!


Everyone here is eager to go straight South. Many know the landscapes that are waiting for us... In around six days from now if everything goes well, we shall be breaking the first ice and see our very first Midnight Sun, echoing its luminous vibrations in a purple-orange shade of colour, according to my fellow companions. Let's wait a bit longer and I'm sure they'll soon feed me about siren stories cursing men to madness with their enchanting songs. That would perfectly match with the sun's colours I guess...

A big hug to everybody.

Yvan.


1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.