dimanche 6 janvier 2008

Crossing record

Hello,

After going to the shore for reloading containers, I'm finally back.
Everything went ok, the scenery is indeed different when there's a good weather. However there's not much to be seen on the 210km between Utsteinen and the coast.

While leaving, we take a look at two nice mountains visible during 4 hours. Then we pass them and we're in a white desert for twelve hours, when coming back it's the contrary.
The moments spent alone in the snow truck (Prinoth) were terrific, while my colleague was resting in the survival cabin. Music in my ears, the frozen sun crawling on the horizon on never-ending white desert, I have my hand commanding 450 horsepower, 13.000cm³. I'd say the best moments of this expedition were those while I was alone with myself.
We made a new record: 44 hours for the crossing, including loading of the heavy containers, unloading of the empty ones at the Crown Bay. All this with a half-working Prinoth. So we gave him only one trailer and we had four each, we had a bit of struggling at the top of some hills.
Otherwise a part of the groupe is gone this morning to be replaced by others.

It was wonderful to see this DC3 make a low pass over Utsteinen, then land on the beautiful landing slope we prepared for it, with the brand new tool Prinoth adaptable (the one used for flatting slopes).

The building goes well, one more work day and all foundations will be placed and fixed. The scaffolding mouting shall begin on monday I guess.

I wish you the best.

Big hug to everyone.

Yvan

Aucun commentaire: